Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Name Vase

I initially had a completely different idea about what I wanted to do with the Dollar Tree vases that I picked up over the weekend. But I decided to keep that craft in my pocket until Christmas rolls around! My mom love the rust color that she picked out for our house when we re-did everything in it. JoAnn's lacked the rust color puff paint that I needed so she's getting bronze, oolalala. 

Supplies: Scrapbook paper
                 Puff paint
                 Glass Vase
                 Mod Podge 

First paint a few layers (I did 4) of Mod Podge onto the scrapbook paper. This will help stiffen the paper and give it a glossy look. It will also help give it some water proof if you decide to use it as an actual vase. After the Mod Podge dried, I wrote out my last name onto the paper. You can put what ever design you want on it. 


Next trace your design with the puff paint. You will be able to touch it up once it dries. 

After the puff paint is dry, paint the outside of the vase with Mod Podge. Wrap the scrapbook paper around the vase. To keep it on there until the Mod Podge dries, tape the seam. It should come off because the Mod Podge makes the paper slick

When it's all dry, you will have something like this. Pretty cool right?! I want to make another one with a paisley design or a feather or something like that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment