Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Glitter Drawer Tower

When I first started college, my mom and dad bought me a drawer tower due to the lack of space in my dorm. It's just a plastic Sterilite tower that we got at Walmart for about $15. I really like it. It has makeup, hair stuff, laundry things, and things that simply don't have a real home. The only problem is that the drawers were clear and you could see all of the stuff hidden inside. This summer, Hobby Lobby was having a sale on spray paint. So I bought two cans of Krylon Glitter Blast for the price of one ($7). 
I took the drawers outside and sat them up so the fronts were facing up. I followed the directions on the can and sprayed 2 coats on each drawer. For my five drawers it took one can of the spray paint. I let it dry overnight and sprayed it with a clear coat to seal it in. My mom's daycare kids were more excited that the ground and the car were sparkly. 
This is the finished product. It matches our room perfectly. :P Over break I plan on doing the rest of the sides. I sorta forgot about doing those sides, but that's ok! 

-Katelyn







No comments:

Post a Comment