Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

The Actual 12 Days of Christmas

  Today starts the Actual 12 Days of Christmas!
  I have a serious problem trying to keep myself from giving people their Christmas and birthday gifts early. My mom has received her Mother's Day gift and birthday present early for the past 10+ years. It's so hard for me to keep them! My mom just happens to have the same problem also. She once told me that waiting for Christmas would almost make her sick to her stomach. Same thing happens to me. Then her and her brother started giving each other early Christmas gifts when they were living on their own. 
     When my brother and I were little, my mom started the 12 Days of Christmas. We had these special bags with 12 little gifts inside. They were never anything big, just something to hold us over until Christmas. My first gift that I can remember was the bananas from Bananas in Pajamas. If you don't know what they are, click here. Weirdest kid show ever right!?! I still get that song stuck in my head! Anyways, every year we have the 12 Days of Christmas. I really enjoy it. It's never anything big, mine are usually lip gloss, nail polish, mini lotion ect. My brothers get GAC, mini AXE spray, boy things! I know it sounds silly but we are always really excited about it and can't wait for it to start. 
     Now please don't think that we are super spoiled. These gifts are small and meant to tide us over until Christmas. (Yes, I am 20 years old and I still get these gifts, but my youngest brother is  eleven so we all get them! :P ) Every year on Christmas Eve, my parents give us pj's and another gift. We happen to love the pj's. It's been a tradition ever since I was little. As for the other gift, one year we got Snowdens (It happened to be my favorite movie that year, and my dog now uses it as her own personal stuffed toy.), another we got a body pillows, and one year we got a go cart. The go cart is a whole other story! What I am trying to say my parents gave us the 12 Days gifts, pj's and a surprise gift. Then Santa would visit and life was great. We never knew anything different. And I wouldn't change a thing! We received the perfect amount of gifts for Christmas. Besides, Christmas isn't about gifts! It's about family and the story of Christ's birth, which my parents kept in our minds when growing up. 
   I love the way that my parents treated Christmas and when I have kids, I plan on doing the same thing! So Mom, I'm ready for my pj's and cinnamon rolls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment