Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Snowflake Ornaments

DAY 5!
I honestly think that these are super cute! I had some extra snowflakes and tulle from my snowflake wreath adventure. These are so easy to make and took me only about 15 minutes start to finish! I love snowflakes because then I can keep my decorations up longer! (A lesson I learned from my mother.)

Supplies
Glitter
Plastic snowflakes (Dollar Tree) 
Tulle 
Hot glue gun

I got fancy on the glitter for this one! I wanted it to be super sparkly and shimmery. I mixed fine white gold, silver German glitter glass (chunkier glitter), and iridescent glitter and mixed them together until I liked it. I wish I had something big to glitter in this stuff, I'm in love with it!  I do have a big vase at home... (stay tuned to see if that pops up!) Anyways this is what my glitter turned out to look like. 



I then glittered the snow flakes in the same process as the ones from the Snowflake Wreath. After that I cut my tulle in about 5 inch strips. I then knotted two of the strips together and then tied a third on to fill the gap. (The first two strips made an X and the third piece made a line horizontally across the X)

After tying 10 little puffs, I put a dot of glue on the back of the snowflakes and pressed the puff onto the glue dot.  Let them sit for a bit so the glue will harden. 


TaDa! Aren't they adorable? I love them. I hung them up on our door to accent the wreath. I then hung the rest up in our room. I plan on keeping these ones and putting them our Christmas tree next year (that is if we can fit one in our apartment!). They are just so cute :). I hope you enjoy making these!

-Katelyn 









No comments:

Post a Comment