Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Wire Vases

A couple of weekends ago I went to the river to see my family. My mom, brother's girlfriend, and I went to The Cannery, which is a store full of anything imaginable. Morgan and I kept finding things that made with wire. We came up with a grand scheme that we were going to open a craft store and make wire creations! I picked up some colored wire at JoAnn's that was on sale for a $1.50 and behold the wire vase was born. 



Supplies: 
                 Hot Glue Gun
                 Scrap Book Paper
                 Mod Podge
                 20g Wire
                Vase


Step One: Wrap the wire around the vase. To make the wire stay in place I bent it over the top, just for now. 

Step Two: (There's no picture, sorry!) Cut paper to size of the inside of the vase. This step is actually  optional. I put Mod Podge on my scrap book paper simply to make it stronger and hold it's shape better. Glue the two ends of wire together and to the paper. (I made my ends of wire meet together so that it would be easier to glue.)


Tada!! It's super simple. And it looks great. I have no clue what I am going to do with it, but it's pretty cute. I'd love to see your version of this project! And as always if you have any questions, just ask! 
                                 -Katelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment